What If...

Have you ever played the What If game? You know,
What If I weighed less (or more)?
What If I made more money than I could spend?
What If my spouse loved me, like my dog does, even when I do stupid things?
What If politicians had to take a truth serum so they would talk like Jim Carey in Liar Liar?
What If people saw only the real person inside me, like a Bay Watch babe or an Arnold Schwarzenegger action figure?
Or, What If I had had the foresight to put, say, 5% of my income into silver when it was only $5.00 an ounce, and buy it on a regular basis for twenty years?
Here's a What If that might go on your list. What if you could find a way to insure that your investments or your savings or your purchases never lost their value? What Ifs are usually something of a wish, a pipe dream. But not this one. This What If is easily achieved. Just invest in silver. Silver never loses it's luster. It will be worth as much in the foreseeable future as it is today. Prices may rise and fall, but an investment in silver can stabilize your buying power. Why? because precious metals have intrinsic value; they are always easy to sell; and they are much more stable than other investments. For everything you buy at the store or for almost every investment you make, someone down the line had to create a market. That means that the value of most commodities last only as long as advertising agencies keep pumping out good ads. Not so with precious metals. Silver has real value, like milk or eggs or bread. Those are always in demand. Of course I wouldn't recommend putting those commodities in your safe deposit box!

The super salesman that created the silver market didn't look like you and me. He probably wore an animal skin, had a scraggly beard, walked slightly stooped over, and had a vocabulary of about five hundred words, including such literary treasures as, "Me hungry," and "Me wantum wife! and "Me no like-a you" - Crunch! - It all happened a long time ago before recorded history.

Personally I was chagrined when coins went from silver to some other scientific concoction of metals. There was no luster to the coins, and many people saw that event as the beginning of the end of stability in the currency markets. I would love to see silver coins back in circulation. Unfortunately, because of inflation, a quarter might be the size of a dime, and a dime might have as much silver in it as the metal in a paper clip! So let the paper money flow, but why not have a little note on each paper bill that would make it redeemable in silver bullion? Can you say, s-t-a-b-i-l-i-t-y, boys and girls? Until then, you are free to purchase your silver from Quality Silver Bullion and thus stabilize your own currency.


by Tim Murdock
Staff Writer, QSB

No comments:

Post a Comment